To gain admission to the MSc in Sustainable Forest and Nature Management, all applicants must document English proficiency.
We accept the following three ways of documenting the level of language proficiency:
1) English is your native language
Consequently, if you are from the following countries, you do not need to present an English Language Proficiency exam. A copy of your passport will suffice:
- Anguilla, Antigua, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Barbuda, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Canada (except Quebec), Dominica, Grand Cayman Islands, Grenada, Guyana, Irish Republic, Jamaica, Montserrat, New Zealand, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Islands, United Kingdom: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, & Wales and United States of America.
2) You have studied a full degree in English
Studies on university level completed in the English language and/or in an English speaking country. For example, if you have studied your bachelor’s degree in Australia, you are not required to complete an English language proficiency exam. We ask such students to provide a signed statement from the Educational institution (with the institution's stamp on it) stating that English is the main language of instruction of your Bachelor degree. A student exchange semester/year will not exempt you from the language test requirement.
3) English is your second language
If English is your second language you must:
- Either pass an IELTS Academic, TOEFL, Cambridge Advanced English or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) test.
- Or document that you have passed Danish secondary school 'English level B' (Engelsk B).
Document by passed Danish secondary school 'English level B' (Engelsk B)
Please note that from the 2022 intake the minimum grade for English level B will be 3
|Name of documentation||Minimum grade||Documentation required|
English level B
English level A
|Danish secondary school diploma
Document by passed English proficiency test
|Name of test||Minimum score||Information required for online check of test|
|IELTS (Academic)||6.5 (overall test score). Only the overall score will be considered||TRF Number (Test Report Form Number)|
Test takers must be registered with SCIENCE’s institution code 0177. If you have already taken the test, please contact TOEFL to add the SCIENCE institution code.
|Cambridge Advanced (CAE)||Passed at level C1 or C2||ID-number & Secret number|
|Cambridge Proficiency (CPE)||Passed at level C1 or C2||ID-number & Secret number|
- IELTS, TOEFL, CAE and CPE tests older than 2 years are not accepted (from the application deadline).
- There is no period of limitation for validity of Danish secondary school 'English level B' (Engelsk B).
- If you fail to prove your language proficiency before the deadline, your admission will be cancelled.
- Applicants who apply for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship must submit Proof of English Language proficiency at the latest by the application deadline. If you apply as an EU or Non-EU self-financed student the deadline for submitting Proof of English Language proficiency is 20 September.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, we will extraordinarily accept the TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition for the 2021 student intake. You can read more about this test on the ETS website