Join our webinar
We accept the following ways of documenting this:
1) You have studied a full degree in English
An English taught qualifying upper secondary school diploma, Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK or Ireland will exempt you from the language requirement. The degree must be minimum 2 years of fulltime studies.
Please be aware that if your bachelor degree is from a country different from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK or Ireland a document confirming English as medium of instruction in your bachelor degree will not be accepted as documentation for language requirements.
A student exchange semester/year will not exempt you from the language requirement.
2) English proficiency
If you have not studied a full degree in English in USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK or Ireland you must document that you have passed one of the following accepted tests:
- IELTS Academic
- TOEFL iBT, TOEFL iBT paper edition or TOEFL iBT Home Edition
- Cambridge Advanced English or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)
- IELTS and TOEFL tests taken before 1 September 2020 will not be accepted
- There is no limitation for validity for the Cambridge tests
- List of accepted tests and minimum score requirements
|Name of test||Minimum score||Your different options for giving us the needed information|
|IELTS (Academic)||6.5 (overall test score). Only the overall score will be considered.||
Upload your test score sheet in the application portal.
If you have difficulties uploading the test score sheet, please e-mail us your test score sheet, and then we can verify it online.
TOEFL iBT paper edition
TOEFL iBT Home Edition
(MyBest Scores are not accepted)
|Please note that you have to add our institutional code (0177) as the recipient, so we can verify the result online. You can check if the institutional code has been added to your profile on the test score sheet.|
|Cambridge Advanced (CAE) or
Cambridge Proficiency (CPE)
|Passed at level C1 or C2||
You must inform your test centre that Faculty of SCIENCE, University of Copenhagen is allowed to verify your test score results online.
You must upload documentation which includes your Statement of Results number or Reference number.
3) Other ways to document language proficiency
Alternatively you can:
- document that you have passed Danish upper secondary school 'English level B' (Engelsk B) with the minimum weighted average grade of 3 on the Danish grading scale
- Or document that you have passed Danish upper secondary school ‘English level A’ (Engelsk A) with the minimum weighted average grade of 2 on the Danish grading scale
- Or document that you are holding a Nordic entrance examination with an English level which is considered comparable to a Danish B level in English by the Danish Agency of International Education. And with a weighted grade comparable to at least 3 on the Danish grading scale See a comparison of the Nordic subject levels and grades: Nordic subject levels (in Danish)
Document by passed Danish upper secondary school 'English level B' (Engelsk B)
|Name of documentation||Minimum grade||Documentation required|
|English level B
|Weighted average of 3||Danish upper secondary school diploma
|English level A||Weighted average of 2||Danish upper secondary school diploma
- There is no period of limitation for validity of Danish upper secondary school 'English level A’' (Engelsk A) or ‘English level B’ (Engelsk B).