SUFONAMA academic staff at Bangor University
My name is Andrew Pullin and I am Professor in Evidence-based Conservation.
Through collaboration and funding from UK Government Agencies I established a Centre for Evidence-Based Conservation (CEBC, www.cebc.bangor.ac.uk) in 2003 with the goal of supporting decision making in conservation and environmental management through the production and dissemination of systematic reviews on the effectiveness of management and policy interventions. With support from a wide range of organizations in the environmental and academic sectors the Collaboration for Environmental Evidence (www.environmentalevidence.org), which is coordinated through the CEBC, now acts as both a source of evidence and coordinator of a fast-growing collaborative network undertaking systematic reviews.
My name is Arne Pommerening. I am Lecturer in Experimental Silviculture & Biometrics.
My name is Dr Christine Cahalan. I am Senior Lecturer in Silviculture and Genetics and Course Director for BSc Forestry and BSc Conservation & Forest Ecosystems.
My name is Colin Price. I am Professor of Environmental & Forestry Economics at Bangor University, with a broad range of teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
My name is Davey Jones and I am Professor of Soil & Environmental Science.
My name is David Wright. I am Head of School and Senior Lecturer in Agriculture.
- An investigation into the potential to grow and use hemp and flax as novel fibre crops for industrial use - view project website
- A study of the effects of winter waterlogging on the growth and development of wheat Development of naked barley as a functional food for human use
I am located in Thoday Building, room G19
My name is Douglas Godbold. I am Professor of Forest Sciences.
My research interests are root biology and forest ecology.
My name is Dr Fergus Sinclair and I am Senior Lecturer in Agroforestry.
I am located in Thoday Building, room F15a
My name is Gareth Edwards-Jones. I am Professor of Agriculture & Land-Use Studies.
I am principal investigator of the RELU Rural Economy and Land Use project which is a comparative assessment of nutritional quality of vegetables produced locally and overseas.
See Bangor University RELU for more information
My research Interests are:
- Beekeeping as a poverty alleviation tool
- Bee morphometrics
- Zoonotic disease, with a particular focus on E. coli O157 and the evaluation of interventions.
- Choice-based modelling and its application to opinion elicitation.
- Estimating disease prevalence rates, illicit or illegal behaviours and drug use through the use of socio-economic methodologies.
I am located in Thoday Building, room S1
I am located in Thoday Building, room S1
My name is Ian Harris and I am Research Farm Manager at Bangor University.
My name is Dr James Gibbons. I am Research Lecturer in Ecological Modelling.
My research interests are:
- Application of advanced statistical procedures (model selection, Bayesian modelling, MCMC) to mechanistic environmental science, agriculture and ecological models.
- Statistical analysis of experimental data, model development and programming using C++ and R.- Farm level modelling, specifically the economic impact of policy change and effective adaptation to policy change.
- Impact and adaptation of agriculture to climatic change, specifically mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions from farming, and farm and catchment level adaptation to water shortage.
I am located in Thoday Building, room F6a.
My name is Dr John Healey. I am Senior Lecturer in Forest Ecology.
Applications of community and population ecology to forest management and conservation.
My name is Dr Mark Rayment and I am Lecturer in Forestry.
My name is Dr Mike Hale. I am a Lecturer in Environmental, Forest and Wood Sciences and I am also Course Director for BSc Forestry and BSc Conservation and Forest Ecosystems.
My name is Morag McDonald and I am Senior Lecturer in Ecology & Catchment Management. I am Course Director for BSc Environmental Science, Master of Environmental Science, BSc Environmental Conservation, BSc Environmental Management, BSc Applied Terrestrial and Marine Ecology as well as MSc Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR).
I am located in Thoday Building, room G17A.