Sustainable Forest and Nature Management
As the global demand for forest and nature resources and the pressures on the natural environment continue to increase, the need to ensure the sustainability of natural resources for future generations has never been greater.
This two-year MSc Course in Sustainable Forest and Nature Management (SUFONAMA) qualifies graduates to deal with the complex aspects of the challenges in sustainable management of natural resources.
The programme provides the students with:
a firm theoretical foundation
ability to function on the international scene, and openness to foreign cultures
all competencies needed for working as a researcher or in forest practices, e.g. development agencies, consultancies, NGOs, international
organisations, ministries, governmental agencies, or district forest offices.
The SUFONAMA Consortium
The SUFONAMA MSc Course is organised by a Consortium which includes five European universities within the field of forest and nature management:
- University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Science, Department of Food and Resource Economics, Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Bangor University, School of the Environment and Natural Resources, Bangor (UK)
- University of Göttingen, Faculty of Forest Sciences and Ecology, Göttingen (Germany)
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Southern Swedish Forest Research Centre, Alnarp (Sweden)
- University of Padova, TESAF Department, School of Agriculture, Padova (Italy)
The five universities all have significant experience in research-based teaching on forest and nature management. The SUFONAMA Programme thus provides you with a single entry point to top-level and up-to-date teaching.
Erasmus+: Erasmus Mundus Programme
SUFONAMA is part of the Erasmus+: Erasmus Mundus Programme initiated by the European Union. The Erasmus+: Erasmus Mundus Programme is a co-operation and mobility programme in the field of higher education that aims to enhance the quality of European higher education and promote intercultural understanding.
Read more about the Erasmus+: Erasmus Mundus Programme at the European Commissions web site where you can also find a useful FAQ table, studies, statistics and other useful information about the programme.